GuarantCo Ltd (GuarantCo) mobilises private sector local currency investment for infrastructure projects and supports the development of financial markets in lower income countries across Africa and Asia. GuarantCo is part of the Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG) and is funded by the governments of the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Australia and Sweden, through the PIDG Trust, and the Netherlands, through FMO, the Dutch Development Bank and the PIDG Trust.
GuarantCo is rated AA- by Fitch and A1 by Moody’s. The company’s vision is to become a centre of excellence for local currency credit solutions for infrastructure finance in lower income countries thereby assisting with the alleviation of poverty.
GuarantCo’s funds, through GuarantCo Management Company (GMC), are managed by Cardano Development, a Dutch foundation with charitable status. GMC is the day-to-day manager of GuarantCo and is head-quartered in the City of London, with regional hubs in Nairobi and Singapore. The GMC team is small, diverse, focused, collaborative and action orientated. We are looking for candidates who have the experience to deliver against the responsibilities of the role and who are passionate about making a difference whilst working in an entrepreneurial and innovative environment.
Valuing diversity is essential to our work. We aim to act in accordance with and promote equality legislation by avoiding unjustified discrimination and recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All GMC employees are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies. GMC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect diversity at every level within the organisation.
This role would suit a Communications Officer looking to progress their career as an all-round professional. It will be an interesting and varied role with the ability to become involved and play an essential role in all aspects of GuarantCo’s communications. It offers development opportunities and the ability to take on more responsibility as the role matures.
The Communications Officer will report directly to the Communications Director and support on the implementation of the communications plan for GuarantCo globally. The Communications Officer will also work closely together with the Communications Officers of PIDG and Cardano Development.
- Organisation implementation of GuarantCo Blended Knowledge platform including webinars, podcasts, thought pieces and workshops
- Proactive management of the GuarantCo traditional media list
- Management of comms content calendar working closely together with various team members
- Management and development of bi-monthly GuarantCo newsletter
- Content development, including films, and management of social media channels: LinkedIn and Twitter
- Implementation and monthly reporting of quantitative evaluation
- Set up and implementation of annual qualitative survey among external audiences
- Content support to PIDG and Cardano Development communications channels including newsletters
- Management of GuarantCo weekly team meetings ensuring a good balance of topics between information sharing, technical knowledge, business updates, operational items and market knowledge
- Development and execution of initiatives to support the Gender Task Force, Climate Change Action Group and the Health, Safety, Environment & Security Manager
- Guest relationship management for London office
- Tactical support to Communications Director including Meltwater (media monitoring) management, website updates, maintenance of GuarantCo alumni LinkedIn network, etc,
- Work closely together with agencies to implement the various comms activities including designer, web agency, film makers, pod cast producer, media monitoring agency, etc.
Any other duties as may be assigned by the Communications Director and, or other senior managers of GMC, from time to time.
- Demonstrated experience in traditional and social media, website, newsletters and event management
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of the business’ various types of content
- Experience in managing suppliers
- Strong project and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Fluency in English
- Excellent IT and literacy skills
- Attention to detail
- Work with numerical information, plus analytical and problem-solving skills
- Emerging/developing markets
- Financial sector
- Team player but able to work self-sufficiently
- Good verbal and written communication at middle levels
- Good networker and relationship builder
- Cultural awareness
- Work and deliver under pressure while maintaining a positive, helpful attitude
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders both internal and external
- Communicate and work well with people at all levels
- Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
Interested in Applying for this role? Please submit your CV and cover letter to: hr.breathehr.com