Finance Business Partner, PIDG
The Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG) is a multi-donor organisation, which mobilises private sector investment to combat poverty in the poorest and most fragile countries through pioneering infrastructure to help economies grow and change people’s lives. Since 2002, PIDG has committed over $4bn to support 157 infrastructure projects to reach financial close, mobilising $21bn from the private sector. These PIDG-supported projects are expected to provide an estimated 209 million people with access to new or improved infrastructure. PIDG is funded by six governments (the UK, Netherlands, Switzerland, Australia, Sweden, Germany) and the IFC.
As an early proponent of blended finance, PIDG makes it viable for private investors to participate in high-quality infrastructure deals using limited sums of public funds to crowd in many times that value in private capital. This role sits within the Group holding company with responsibility for the day to day running of the holding company and overseeing the Companies.
There is an opportunity for flexible working and reduction to a 4-day working week, should this be desirable.
As a result of growth and exciting long-term plans for the Group, we are looking to recruit a Finance Business Partner. This role represents a fantastic opportunity to play a key role in an organisation delivering measurable and real impact. There is an opportunity for flexible working and reduction to a 4-day working week, should this be desirable.
Finance business partner to Emerging Africa Infrastructure Fund (EAIF):
- EAIF provides long-term debt on commercial terms to private sector companies building or expanding infrastructure in Africa. Working with the PIDG Ltd Group Head of Finance and CFO and Exec team more widely and Ninety One (outsourced fund managers of EAIF)
- Review / challenge and then monitor / oversee EAIF budget
- Co-ordinate key reporting requirements /processes from EAIF to PIDG, including monthly flash reporting, Asset and Liability Management Committee (ALCO) / liquidity reporting, quarterly reporting, annual plan. This includes reviewing Ninety One’s reporting to PIDG and EAIF’s lenders, reviewing of Ninety One fee calculations etc.
- Support ad hoc data requests and projects required by PIDG, interface and co-ordinate with Ninety One as needed
- Assess the appropriateness of Ninety One’s financial controls over EAIF and steer Ninety One’s improvement where necessary, review transparency reporting (quarterly disclosure of contracts and expenses on their website)
- Support the PIDG group Audit Committee in terms of EAIF including reporting and oversee Ninety One’s production of EAIF’s statutory accounts and associated audit processes
- Oversee Ninety One’s compliance with their management contract including delegated authorities
- Help manage enquiries into EAIF website
Group treasury management – Working with the PIDG Ltd GHOF, CFO and the PIDG Company CFO’s:
- Secretariat of the Group ALCO, including agenda planning, minutes, following up actions, preparing key papers etc.
- Develop and enhance policies on group wide treasury management including cash management, FX exposures and interest rate mismatches in conjunction with colleagues
- Develop MIS suite required and collect monthly data from PIDG Companies
- Work with the Companies’ bankers to establish and implement group wide cash management, including deposit rates etc.
- Support and advise Companies on cash management issues, FX and interest rate risk management
- Support the PIDG Group Chief Risk Officer / CFO with the development and rollout of risk adjusted economic capital and associated management and pricing – working towards risk adjusted profitability metrics for the Companies and their projects to be blended with Development Impact
Group tax advisory:
- Working with the PIDG companies to advise and support them on tax queries relating to the c 40 countries across which the group funds projects
- Develop strong relationships with PIDG companies, including understanding their business practices and specific tax information needs
- Maintain and update working knowledge of tax laws and regulations, including new filing practices, deadlines, and any company-specific information to ensure PIDG companies are tax compliant in all jurisdictions that they operate in, and operate in line with PIDG’s Operating Policies and Procedures. This may include advising on tax databases to use, maintaining relationships with tax advisors
- Appropriately identify and communicate tax related issues in reporting to CFO’s within each of the PIDG companies and work with PIDG companies to notify the PIDG Audit Committee and Board of the PIDG company when necessary
Group finance (PIDG Ltd) support – Ad hoc support as required
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA or CIMA)
- 5 + years post qualification experience
- Exposure to long term financial planning and modelling as well as group wide reporting, planning and budgeting
- International/cross border team liaison
- Financial services experience (particularly in commercial/wholesale lending, treasury and balance sheet management) and/or experience with working with government departments or PPP arrangements an advantage
- Strong IFRS knowledge
- A mix of small and large company experience helpful
- Emerging markets experience helpful
- Interest in / ideally working knowledge of impact investing or blended finance
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Able to adapt well
- Good strategic thinker
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Strong Excel, report writing and communication skills (including presenting to Board Level Committees)
Interested in Applying for this role? Please submit your CV and cover letter to: Equity FD
PIDG is an equal opportunities employer and values the diversity of all its employees, associates, owners, service providers and customers