KYC Client Onboarding Officer
GuarantCo Limited (GuarantCo) mobilises private sector local currency investment for infrastructure projects and supports the development of financial markets in lower income countries across Africa and Asia. GuarantCo is part of the Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG) and is funded by the governments of the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Australia and Sweden, through the PIDG Trust, and the Netherlands, through FMO, the Dutch Development Bank and the PIDG Trust.
GuarantCo is rated AA- by Fitch and A1 by Moody’s. The company’s vision is to become a centre of excellence for local currency credit solutions for infrastructure finance in lower income countries thereby assisting with the alleviation of poverty.
GuarantCo’s funds, through the GuarantCo Management Company (GMC), is managed by Cardano Development, a Dutch foundation with charitable status. GMC provides management, advisory and support services to GuarantCo and is head-quartered in the City of London, with regional hubs in Nairobi and Singapore. The GMC team is small, diverse, focused, collaborative and action orientated. We are looking for candidates who have the experience to deliver against the responsibilities of the role and who are passionate about making a difference whilst working in an entrepreneurial and innovative environment.
About the Operations Team
The Operations team within GMC is located across London, Nairobi and Singapore and provides wide-ranging operational and administrative support to the business. Areas covered include Development Impact (DI), Health, Safety, Environmental and Social, HR, IT, Reporting, Communications and general administration.
The role will be based in London and report into the Systems and Compliance Manager. We are looking for a candidate, who will be responsible for all Client Onboarding process and reviews of existing clients/projects. Working knowledge and experience within Client Onboarding, end to end process and good knowledge of different types of entities including SPV, Trusts, Charities and awareness of risk factors when dealing with high risk entities/individuals and PEPS. It is essential for you to have corporate background and have worked on complex company structures.
Valuing diversity is essential to GuarantCo’s work. We aim to act in accordance with and promote equality legislation by avoiding unjustified discrimination and recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights. All GuarantCo employees are required to ensure their behaviour is consistent with our policies. GuarantCo is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect diversity at every level within the organisation.
The main work streams of Client Onboarding Officer are:
- Ensure that all relationships and projects held at GuarantCo are onboarded or reviewed in accordance with regulations for AML; CTF; Fraud; Sanctions regulations. To support the Systems and Compliance Manager in the management of AML, CTF and KYC matters.
- Conduct reviews of new prospects and existing relationships evaluating the risk profile and KYC documentation, solving any issues found by interacting with the Relationship Managers, and Systems and Compliance Manager.
- To support the business as and when vital KYC/AML related enquiries come in by aiding and guidance, outlining options and recommending solutions as suitable.
- Conduct end to end reviews.
- Onboarding and ongoing reviews of customers to be conducted in a timely manner and in accordance with GuarantCo Policies and Procedures whilst maintaining a consistent and motivated approach to the quality of work produced.
- Consistent and practical application of the firm’s policies and procedures in collection of the documentation; completion of the risk assessment and risk mitigation factors; required checks and screening.
- Communication with the Relationship Managers and Outreach teams to ensure that all customer requirements are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice and developing trends.
Skills and capabilities
- Good understanding of KYC/AML requirements and the practical application in an onboarding and review environment.
- Good understanding of Sanctions/Embargoes regime and how it impacts the bank.
- Ability to articulate concisely and succinctly to ensure wider audience can be taken along the journey.
- Deadline driven with a strong attention to detail.
- An analytical mind to interpret JMLSG notes and incorporate them into GuarantCo’s KYC practices.
- Proactive and problem-solving approach to look for compliant solutions.
- Client centric approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill.
- Competencies – see requirements below.
- Knowledge of banking and regulatory frameworks.
- Knowledge of KYC and AML requirements for various customer types.
- Knowledge of the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (JMLSG) and the Money Laundering Regulations (MLR).
- Experience working in a bank or a financial institution is required.
- Minimum 2 years Onboarding and Reviews experience.
- Experience of working within Client Onboarding/Financial Crime with exposure to Money Laundering, Embargo, Sanctions, High Risk Markets.
Please submit your CV, current salary & bonus details, salary expectations, notice period and confirmation that you have the right to live and work in the UK.