PIDG – Business Requirements Analyst
The Private Infrastructure Development Group (“PIDG”) is seeking a Business Requirements Analyst to support the development of a project (investment) management and monitoring application for InfraCo Africa, InfraCo Asia and PIDG Ltd. The Business Requirements Analyst will perform various tasks to uncover and document the requirements for an application that captures and manages data associated with the investment cycle of projects that the InfraCos invest in, and the associated reporting requirements.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide company-wide strategic data analysis to ensure solution-level requirements for the product are defined and clearly articulated and are complete, coherent and concise. The position will work with project teams and administration to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into reports and documentation.
The role is expected to last 6 to 9 months and is expected to be undertaken fully remote/based in one of our offices where this is possible (London / Nairobi / Casablanca / Singapore).
- Gather requirements from the key stakeholders by using requirement elicitation techniques such as requirement gathering sessions, business analysis, reviews of existing reports and policies.
- Validate requirements by cross-referencing them with other stakeholders and gain buy-in across the companies. Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources and reconcile conflicts. Validate any new requirements for their effect and impact on the existing requirement set of the project. Review and map current processes and partner with business teams to update processes to reflect the replacement of existing systems (and associated workarounds). Prioritise requirements by working closely with business owners, categorising what is important and feasible considering the scope and schedule of a project
- Document requirements by creating functional and requirement specifications documents. Also, categorise requirements as functional (contains the features required by the end-users), non-functional (requirements for the performance and usability of the project) operational (operations that are carried out in the background) and technical and accordingly segregate them in different types of documents. Develop written work products, including requirements documents, planning documents, process diagrams, and technical presentations. Maintain a central repository (in SharePoint) of project deliverables, meeting minutes, and other documents.
- Gain requirements sign-off from the key stakeholders by making sure all of them are on the same level of understanding against the requirements. This may include prioritising requirements into a number of phased deliverables
- Facilitate the implementation phase, alongside the senior IT project manager leading this phase of work
- Communicate with internal team members at regular and frequent intervals to ensure expectations are set, deliverables are met, and that attention is given to the agreed upon requirements
Skills and Experience
- Ability to clarify, communicate and agree business requirements, perform gap analysis against the baseline functionality and formulate and agree workarounds or solutions with key stakeholders across business functions
- Knowledge and experience with the software development life cycle
- Experience working on IT implementations, including drafting and presenting project overviews, direction, timeline, and status
- Experience mapping processes and creating standard operating procedures and business process flows
- Knowledge of relational databases, IT infrastructure, including how to document schemas and database relationships, understand basic queries and application programming interface (APIs)
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong, cohesive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders and user communities.
- Ability to work cross-culturally and with remote team members
- Ideally, the successful applicant will have experience of analysing, specifying and personalising ERP systems or of working in organisations that have an investment process/portfolio management system (such as those used by early-stage venture capital / private equity groups) across multiple geographies / locations
- Self-motivated, organised, with a keen attention to detail
- The ability to influence key stakeholders and have an awareness of the impact.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Administration, Finance or similar field preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience as a business requirements analyst in a technology or financial services environment. Must be able to demonstrate analytical skills and requirements gathering experience
- Excellent English verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills especially technical writing and presentation skills
- Project Management skills would be an advantage
PIDG is an equal opportunities employer and values the diversity of all its employees, associates, owners, service providers and customers
Please send your CV and a covering letter to
Head of Operations